Monday, September 14, 2009

On Photography

I have been taking pictures of the world around me since I was 10 years old. In the song "Kodachrome" Paul Simon sings "I love to take a photograph"--well that's me. My dream job was to be a news and sports photographer. I used to actually go out and about in New York City just for the purpose of taking pictures--I still have some of those pictures and negatives. In 2007, I got my first cell phone with a camera in it, and now I have a camera in my pocket. I love having a camera in my pocket. I am working on my second memory chip (granted, I don't use the huge ones that cost $30!) and now, my second cell phone with a camera in it. And I'm still enjoying having a camera with me all the time. I see something that catches my eye, and sometimes, I can get a photo of it. That's part of the reason there are pictures on my blog. I enjoy taking them and sharing them. And sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words.


Plaza landmark and sun reflect off the back of a bus, eastbound Emanuel Cleaver Blvd.

I was just going along, when I noticed this view through the windshield. Quick, grab the phone!

No comments: