Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stopping to Admire...

There's a spot on a road that I drive on fairly frequently, that I admire from my driver's seat pretty regularly. It features an interesting natural rock formation that creates a little nook. It is always neat to look at, but this winter, because of the snow, it is especially neat, due to the frozen waterfall that is on the rock face. Today, I saw a couple posing for pictures in front of it, and thought to myself, it's about time I photographed this natural beauty that is somewhat taken for granted.

This is what it looks like from the road. When you get up to it, you find that there is a tremendous sound of rushing water. You don't see a tremendous amount of water--it sounds like a lot more, like a burst pipe. I don't know where that water is. However, it's obvious that there is water coming down the hill via this rock formation. It flows through a culvert under the road (which is behind me in this view) and into the nearby small river. I did not expect the sound, which was beautiful, that came with this visual. There will be more on the photo blog after a bit.

Kansas City residents can probably figure out where this is, but I am not saying where here. There is enough trouble with the trolls of the world placing trash in places where trash does not belong...

No comments: