Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Miss Me Yet?


I think it was a caller to Rush Limbaugh who confirmed the presence of this billboard on I-35 between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Duluth MN. (In fact, she sounded like a relative of mine, except said relative would be a little upset--on the political spectrum she's quite left.) Through the wonders of the interwebs, we find this photo and this article about it. You should read the comments with the article. I am not surprised that there are many liberal comments condemning the billboard--Minnesota is basically a liberal state. However, conservatives come to play too, and make several comments.

In fact, if the billboard and article comments show anything, they show how polarized this country is politically and how hard it is to talk to each other about issues.

3 comments:

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
The crowd of words that sprang to mind with this post were neither civil nor organized. I had to sit on it for awhile.

There are few public people I despise so much as this missing person. And there are few public groups I could despise so much as those who wish to curtail free speech.

Can't say any more, liable to get inappropriate,
Ann T.

Ann T. said...

Huh, my comment proves your last sentence. I think I am polar to all extremes, being centrist, so that means I could be the most polar of all, not being polar at all.

What did I just say? LOL what a mouth full.
Ann T.

The Observer said...

Ann T

ROTFL!

I don't have the negative response to GWB that you do, but I do think he let this country down in his second term--the 2006 and 2008 elections recorded everyone's response. I have always been somewhat conservative, but my positions have become more nuanced over the years. Things I am pondering...

Thanks for reading

The Observer