Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Barbecue Story

Snatched from Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue's web site. Drool, drool, drool.

I'll admit it, I do love the barbecue foods. Slow smoked with rubs and marinades, smelling of smoke and beef and chicken and pork. I do partake fairly frequently. Both eat in and carry out.

A couple of days ago the sun came out nice and strong and beamed into my parked car for a while. For the first time this spring the car was actually HOT inside. When I opened the door, I smelled a faint whiff of smoked meat. I wasn't terribly surprised--I had just had a take away order from Jack's Stack in the car the previous day.

When I put my hand on the emergency brake I got a surprise. It was completely greasy on the bottom, when my fingers wrapped around the handle! I thought maybe it was a spill, but other than the bottom side of the hand brake's plastic handle, there was not a spot of barbecue to be seen. Just this very nice smelling--it didn't even smell rancid or rotten--semi liquid barbecue stuff on one side of my hand brake. It was a tad slippery however, so I wiped it off with a paper towel. It was a winter's worth of not-quite-clean fingers using the brake handle. The heat brought it out.

I'm surprised no one has tried to do an air freshener with the barbecue smell. Maybe you just can't synthesize that in a chemistry lab...

After writing this post, and looking at food pictures, I am now officially hungry.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

T.O.:
Hey, I wouldn't mind having some of THOSE culinary masterpieces...for BREAKFAST!

And that's one of those things in life you CAN'T (or should you ever) rush!

Good and yummy post.

Stay safe (but not hungry) out there.

The Observer said...

Bob G:
This just cracked me up--a little gross I know but funny. I was amazed that the grease was not rancid or spoiled. The irony was that I had just done some cleaning a few days before. Guess I missed a spot!

Thanks for dropping by--oh, Jack Stack has mail order...

The Observer

chuck said...

My new favorite place is Brobecks in the old Dairy Queen at 105th and Roe. WOW!!

The Observer said...

Thanks for the tip, chuck. I'll have to check it out!

Hungry again...

T.O.