Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sorry

Sorry for the lack of blog posts. I just can't get my thoughts in very good order these days.

I am very impressed that this country, this state, this city have some very serious problems to solve.

There are people on both the "left" and the "right" that proport to have the answers.

I don't know if I believe that anymore.

I think we have to stop being arrogant and know it all and settle down and really work together to find some answers.

Along the way, there are going to be fundamental changes in many value systems.

My prayer is that we can preserve the open, classless, free America that makes us different than other countries--the difference that causes people to fight like Hell to come here.

In addition, there are sections of our society that have just "given up" and spend most of their time wasting time and money and when that gets too boring, stealing and killing from each other and from others.

We need help. I believe that God will help. However, I also believe that the best source of help is right here, near by.

It's us--when we quit name calling, judging and attacking each other.

2 comments:

Groucho K. Marx said...

Amen- The Observer!

God Bless...

-Groucho

Bob G. said...

T.O.:
I also believe the many answers are close by...as close as the human heart, for example.

And a firm belief in our maker never hurts one bit, either.

Those portions of our society you mention are not totally beyond redemption, but they first have to realize that THEY have value...that THEIR lives mean something at least to themselves.

We do need to call to task those that allow things to remain AS THEY ARE...without change for the better, though.
We need to keep THEIR "feet to the fire".

We need to remain strong and vigilant.

This is still OUR country, and she deserves better.

Very good post.

Have a great week.