Sunday, September 2, 2012

State of the Blog Report

It has probably been over a month since I posted here and longer on some of my other blogs. The third anniversary of this blog passed without me taking note of it. I gave some thought to shutting down this blog and my others too.
Part of the lack of posts was a lack of time discipline with regard to a decreased amount of time to blog. Another part of the lack of posts was being discouraged about the state of our city, our world, the election and the rest of the mess.
Well my free time situation has changed-- an unfortunate thing since it involved a change in my employment status. Further, while still discouraged, I am beginning to think that my moderate voice does have a place in this mess. The left and right talk to themselves becoming a giant echo chamber that becomes louder and louder and more and more distorted to those of us standing outside. When they talk outside their group, it is to yell at the other, degrading the opposing view, working up spin and volume rather then logical arguments and debate.
So where does that leave the South Kansas City Observer? I can't see my self posting quite as frequently as I did. But I don't think I'm ready to shut it down just yet.  Especially during a presidential election year.  I mean, really, no blogging during this fall campaign?  (Even if it is to say that neither candidate rocks my world in any sort of way...)
So you all are stuck with me.


3 comments:

Capt. Schmoe said...

Sorry to hear about your employment status, but relieved to hear that you are not ready to unplug the blog.

While looking to expand my blog subscriptions, I realized that many blog communities are way over on one end of the political spectrum or the other.

I have always enjoyed reading you perspective and look forward to continue doing so.

Hyperblogal said...

In our current political climate, Goldwater would have been a moderate... you have extremely wide latitude. I used to be a conservative republican.. until the party left me... now I'm fiercely Independent and go left or right as my understanding of the issues demands.

Bob G. said...

T.O.:
I'm glad to see you back, and I fully appreciate where you're coming from.
I also have had it up to "here" with ALL the politicking going on...all the divisiveness, the lies and the string-pulling...

But, I think we ALL have a unique VOICE...even if it appears we're crying in the wilderness.

You have provided good insight as to what goes on in your area...things I would never know about (living in Indiana).

I also love your car shows and the animal shelter photos...excellent coverage on both.

You hang in there and keep saying what NEEDS to be said...someone IS listening (and reading).

Stay safe out there.