Saturday, May 22, 2010

Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hi, let me introduce myself: I am the South Kansas City Observer, and this is my blog, home of good humored opinion, occasional rants, sometimes serious spiritual stuff, visual jokes, funny stories and whatever else strikes my fancy. The sort of stuff we might visit about in the drive way over a couple of cold ones, or across the kitchen table.

Thought I'd reintroduce myself, 'cause it seems like days since I have visited this space.

Since I've gotten older, I get fewer colds, but they seem worse. I started on Wednesday morning with a sore throat and by the afternoon, was a drippy incoherent achy mess, unable to make the simplest decision or put together a proper English sentence. Home and to bed, stat!

By Thursday, fortified by medication, I was able to go out a little. Friday evening, my right ear popped clear, enabling me to stop feeling as if my head was wrapped in wool. Today, I got the left ear back--I appreciate that, because of the two, it's the less deaf. I can think today, and I can skip the pseudoephedrine and not drip all over the place. (Stuff's bad for my blood pressure.) Hopefully, will continue getting better and better; trying to eat well and rest and all that.

Colds at any time of year are yukky, but spring and summer colds are the yukkiest. Glad to be back! :-)

3 comments:

Ann T. said...

Dear The Observer,
Oh, ick! I hate a cold. And the pseudoephedrine keeps me tossing ALL night, no matter what hour I stop taking it.

Glad you're better! Metaphorical Ditch Witch now being delivered!

Ann T.

Unknown said...

Yuck. I dont do colds. No really I dont! lol I cant remember the last time I was sick. Oh yes I can...I had pneumonia for two flippen months back in 2002. ;)
Hope you feel sunshiny again soon!!

The Observer said...

Ann T and peedee:
Thanks for the well wishes. I don't get sick much, but I'll never say I never get sick. I still have a cough and some hoarseness, but am just about back to what passes for normal around here. Even put in a couple of hours in the back yard. Damn, it's hot! :-P

The Observer