Friday, October 16, 2009

My Thoughts Exactly

While I was writing the first Rush Limbaugh post, a little part of me said to me, "Isn't this the same stuff I wrote about race just a little bit ago? This topic is starting to bore me." But I put the thought out of my mind, after all if my little blog is going to major on news and opinion, then I have to write what's in the news. But, boy, there are just times I'd sooner put pretty or cute or funny pictures up. I wondered if I was alone in this type of sentiment, when this day, our friend Midtown Miscreant nailed it just right. He is referring to crime topics, but I can relate to a lot to what he is talking about when I think about racial issues and racism:

On another note, you may have noticed an absence of the usual "local crime" type posts on this blog over the past few days. Last week was the last time I covered any type of local crime. Nothing would make me happier than to say crime has taken leave from Kansas City, nobody has been killed, raped or robbed, we are now living in the land of Love, Peace, and lollipops, free unicorn rides and cotton candy are the theme of the day, but that wouldn't be the truth. The truth is, I was starting to sound like a broken record, and frankly there are already more than a few of those around these parts. The truth is, I've given that shit a rest because at some point it just becomes lip service. Folks are still killing one another, there's a rapist loose in Waldo, and Quik Trips are still ATM's for petty crooks. So I decided to give it a rest, at least for a few days until something extra heinous occurs. A person can only express so much outrage, there are only so many words one can write on a subject, until those words just become repetitive self serving horse shit. So it's not that I've lost my concern or my contempt, I'm just looking for a new angle, or a story that makes me feel something other than, the same old same. In the meantime, I'm putting together a multi part story from my sordid past and should have the first installment up come Monday. (Link to the full post here. The bold is from me.)

So, unless breaking news demands it, I am giving racial issues a rest for a while.

No comments: